Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tiny Street Art

If there is one thing that I have found during my initial exploration of street art, it is the wondrous variety of subjects, mediums, and even sizes. I suppose I should not be too surprised. Art is all about variety. But, I would have never considered stickers or miniature clay figures a form a street art.

Case in point...a fellow art explorer (to whom I am grateful for sharing) let me borrow a book highlighting the street art of Slinkachu. Slinkachu creates miniature art installations - and I mean miniature, about one to two inches - that he places throughout big cities (London, Barcelona, Amsterdam). He claims that his installations "reflect the loneliness and melancholy of living in a big city." He also is creating a project during which he decorates snails and places them back in their natural environment. Click here to check out some of Slinkachu's work.

Slinkachu, Initials. (2011, April 15). Slinkachu. Retrieved from http://slinkachu.com/home

No comments:

Post a Comment